Total credits: 80
RPC-SO-46-No.781-2018, December 12, 2018
Enrolment Fee: $3,392
* Total amount for 4 years of education.
Temporarily suspended for contingencies due to the pandemic
Social Work Internship in Public and Private Hospitals.
Training in Medical and Dental Specializations, Annex 1, 2018), allows postgraduates to train as experts, apply the various anesthetic, pharmacological and diagnostic techniques, complying with the scientific and professional requirements in the knowledge of the basic sciences that underlie pathophysiology and therapeutic; that allows them to exercise safely and efficiently, providing competent care to their patients through accurate support to treating doctors and that, through continuous learning, can contribute to the knowledge of specialization and contribute to related scientific-professional institutions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality, in accordance with the USFQ mission to train, educate, investigate, and serve the community within the philosophy of the liberal arts, integrating all sectors of society (USFQ, 2018).
The training of specialist doctors will be carried out in person with a total duration of 4 years, complying with the Technical Standard for Healthcare Units - Teachers issued by the CES in 2015.
The graduate-level studies in Anesthesiology are aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who have a third level degree in Medicine, Doctors of Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, all legally accredited in the SNIESE.
The applicant must be a person who combines ethical values and principles, who can work autonomously, independently, and in a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, of professors, and tutors.
The applicant must have a positive attitude toward dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our specialist doctors will be able to lead the different diagnostic support medical services and consolidate work teams "second-level" (internal general medicine) and "third-level" (referral or highly specialized medicine) entities in our country.
Another professional field our specialist doctors can choose is the free exercise of their profession.
The Specialization in Anesthesiology allows the medical specialist in this field to have the ability to apply the various anesthetic, pharmacological and diagnostic techniques, complying with the scientific and professional requirements in the knowledge of the basic sciences that underlie pathophysiology and therapy.
We promote scientific medical research by making available to students the necessary tools for our students to become involved in scientific research projects.
The inter-institutional agreements that USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and caseload that allows the university to develop people with the highest level of knowledge.
- Graduate degree in Medicine issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT. In the case of graduate-level degrees obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by consular channels. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic System Regulations.
- Have proficiency in the English language equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree Certificate with grade average.
- Official transcript with grades.
- Registration of the printed SENESCYT degree certification.
- Pass the USFQ graduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Residency Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Up-to-date immunization, physical and physical health certificates.
- Updated resume with color photography.
- Have passed the Professional Qualification Exam of the CEAACES Higher Education Assessment, Accreditation and Quality Assurance Council. Except for professionals in free professional practice, before November 16, 2014.
- Current certificate of the Advanced Life Support Program ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), or an Advanced Cardiac Resuscitation course.
- Complete the requirements indicated in the Resolution. N ° RPC-SO-013-N ° 082-2012 and those described in the reform to the Regulations for the Merit and Opposition Contest to access the Medical Specialties Programs through Resolution N ° RPC-SO-19-N ° 215-2015 of May 13, 2015, or the one in force to date.
- Personal interview with the professors of the postgraduate program.