Total credits: 34
Academic hours: 544
Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.,
Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and
Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Approved February 13th, 2013
Enrollment fee: $591.00
Program not valid for new applications.
New re-opening pending.
Professor-student interaction, reading analysis, discussion forums, individual and group work are prioritized. Includes training with online education tools - USFQ D2L Virtual Platform. Observation visits to public and private health services, ambulatory, and hospital type.
The USFQ Specialization in Health Management seeks to develop comprehensive and specialized competencies for the management of the country's health services, with an emphasis on the hospital level, whose training profiles are appropriate to the requirements and characteristics of the Ecuadorian health sector, and its contribution to the improvement of health and life conditions in our society.
- Aimed at professionals in health disciplines (doctors, nurses, dentists, psychologists, etc.), business administrators, business and industry managers related to medical technology and equipment, industrial engineers, computer engineers, architects, economists and related sciences.
- Have a spirit of self-improvement that is demonstrated by the personal and professional achievements reached in your life.
- Be fully committed to their education, which should be reflected in the grades obtained in the undergraduate courses, other graduate courses, and in the non-academic activities they have carried out inside and outside the educational setting.
- To be committed to the socio-economic, health and scientific-technological development of the country.
Graduate profile: Competences
At the end of the program, the student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of comprehensive management of public and private health services, especially hospitals, in the context of management innovations in the 21st century, and of comprehensive health care networks.
- Carry out the description, analysis and interpretation of the problems that affect the administration of public and private health services and their impact on Public Health.
- Develop the management skills required to strengthen planning, organization, direction and control capacities in the different administrative areas, with an emphasis on quality management.
- Carry out analysis and studies in the field, for the identification of managerial problems in the health services and their solution approaches, following the principles of the scientific method, and the precepts of participatory action-research.
- Managers of health programs, projects, and services at the outpatient and hospital level of both public and private institutions in the Ecuadorian health sector.
- Advisors, promoters, and managers of interdisciplinary work teams to address problems related to the management and operation of the country's health services, including the design of plans and programs for the maintenance and use of medical technologies/equipment in national health care units.
- The Health Management Specialization program has been considered very applicable to the needs for improving the management of health services in our country due to its solid theoretical training, and basically its methodological and instrumental approaches that enable graduates to put into practice immediate management knowledge and skills.
- In addition to the fact that the duration of the program is very convenient in terms of time and costs, as is its modality of biweekly sessions of 20 academic hours, very suitable for professionals who work in the various public and private health institutions in the country.
Bachelor's degree in health disciplines (doctors, nurses, dentists, psychologists, etc.); business administrators, business and industry managers related to medical technology and equipment, industrial engineers, computer engineers, architects, economists and related sciences. In the case of Bachelor's degree obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular means. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
Copy of the identity card or passport.
Degree certificate with grade average.
Official transcripts with grades.
A printed copy of degree from SENESCYT .
Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
Pass the multiple choice test on health and management issues.
Essay on the interest and expectations of the Specialization (2 pages minimum).
Letter of recommendation from the institution where the candidate works or academic reference.
“Completing the Health Management Specialization at USFQ has been an unforgettable experience for me, I have had the opportunity to have excellent professors who, with different methodologies and tools, made each session a true space for training and personal growth. The content of the program has been very useful for my professional performance, since it has allowed me to develop skills to manage health from a broad and comprehensive approach."
- Ronald Cedeño Vega, National Director of Prevention and Control Strategies Ministry of Public Health Specalización in Health Management -
“I went to USFQ to learn how to access the Health Management Specialty with some skepticism, then I was surprised by various circumstances. I loved the facilities, very similar to those in Europe and especially those in Spain, where I am from. As for the teaching staff, I found it very accessible, well prepared, with a modern, participatory and innovative teaching methodology, which broadly reflects the philosophy of Liberal Arts, and I was fascinated that the treatment between professors and students was on the peer level. I consider that USFQ graduate programs have a very high level of teaching, with very good professionals, from which I take a magnificent experience and knowledge.”
- Vicente Ferrándiz Catalán, Technical Director of Hospitalization and Ambulatory (E) IESS Ibarra General Hospital, Specialization in Health Management -