Master’s in Chemistry; Specialization in Physicochemical
3 ordinary periods (18 months)
The Chemistry Research Master's program is a graduate?scientific-academic, multidisciplinary study program with high international standards that seeks the training of professionals with extensive knowledge in the Physics-Chemistry and Chemistry-Physics sub-disciplines and with sufficient skills to link up and participate in both, higher education and research activities.
Although several general topics of Physics-Chemistry and Chemistry-Physics (thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, catalysis, spectroscopy, etc.) are covered in the study program, the main axes of the study program are: on the one hand, the theoretical aspects of computational chemistry and molecular simulation; and on the other, the application of computational simulation tools in the design of new materials and development of new technologies.
- Inclinación por los campos científicos y académicos.
- Interés en el desarrollo de nuevos materiales y nuevas tecnologías.
- Disposición al trabajo independiente y grupal.
- Disponibilidad de tiempo.
The Computational and Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory is the main environment for this program development. It has individual computers for each student to work with specialized programs for mathematical analysis, word processors, quantum-mechanical simulations and molecular dynamics such as: MATHEMATICA, LaTex, GAUSSIAN, LAMPPS, GAMESS, NAMD, CRYSTAL, VASP, among others.
The graduate of the program will have acquired the theoretical knowledge of Physics-Chemistry and Chemistry-Physics sufficient and necessary to deeply understand and explain in detail how the different methods of Mechanical-Quantum simulation of molecular dynamics are applied in the description and studies of different properties, both molecular systems and materials.
Additionally, this master's program is designed to develop a critical sense and an inquisitive mind in the graduate, which will allow them to carry out adequate analysis of problems to be solved from a scientific point of view; determine the importance and relevance of a particular problem to define whether it should be studied or not; and propose efficient solutions to the problem under investigation. Likewise, the acquired skills and the applied methodology will encourage the student to stay informed and investigate independently through their continuous training.
Each student will have the possibility to access scholarships offered by the program
The professional graduated from the program may be linked to:
- Higher education institutions.
- Public and private research institutes.
- Research and development departments of public and private companies.
- Doctoral programs in sciences, national or foreign.
Each of the applicants will have the possibility to access a 40% of scholarship under selection criteria stipulated in the Graduate Program Scholarship Regulations.
The Chemistry Master's program from USFQ was a unique and very enriching experience, showing me a world full of opportunities, thanks to the knowledge and experience gained that have allowed me to face the challenges with the certainty of proposing innovative and relevant solutions to local and national needs, based on the theoretical knowledge of physical chemistry acquired in computational chemistry that allow the application of quantum-mechanical simulation methods and molecular dynamics oriented to the electronic and atomic description of molecular systems and materials.
The Chemistry Research Master's program was a unique and a very enriching experience. It showed me a world full of opportunities. Due to the knowledge and experiences achieved, it has allowed me to face different challenges with the certainty of proposing innovative and pertinent solutions to local and national needs; based on the theoretical knowledge of physico-chemistry field. All of them, gained within computational chemistry that allows the application of mechanical-quantic and molecular dynamics simulation methods aimed at the electronic and atomic description of molecular systems and materials.
- Have a Bachelor's?degree issued by an accredited university in the country and registered in SENESCYT, in: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering in Biotechnology, Petrochemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Engineering in Nanotechnology, Materials Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or related. In the case of Bachelor's?degrees obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular means. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to a Bachelor's degree, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to B1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of the identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with grade average
- Official transcript with grades.
- A printed copy of the degree registered at?SENESCYT.
- Pass the USFQ graduate admission exam.
Specific program requirements:
- Motivation letter.
- Three academics?recommendation letters