In order to apply for the scholarship, you must:
- Take the USFQ entrance exam.
- Entrance exam dates (PAA):
January 25th, February 15th, March 7th, and March 28th, 2020.
- Register for free in the Claude Bourgelat contest in person and electronically: Monday, December 9th, 2019 through Saturday, March 14th, 2020.
In order to promote scientific research, stimulate intellectual development, and promote the ingenuity and creativity of young Ecuadorians interested in the study of Veterinary Sciences, USFQ's College of Health Sciences organizes the Claude Bourgelat scholarship contest to study Veterinary Medicine.
The prizes to be awarded are:
Three Claude Bourgelat Scholarships for studies at the College of Health Sciences, at the USFQ School of Veterinary Medicine, covering 100% of fees for the first three places in the competition.
These are study scholarships exclusively for the Veterinary Medicine program at USFQ during the five years of study that will remain valid as long as the academic requirements established by the Scholarship department and the School of Veterinary Medicine are met.
- Be a High School Senior or have completed their Baccalaureate studies during the year prior to the expected entry to USFQ in August 2020, from educational establishments legally recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- Register (both online and in person) to participate in the Claude Bourgelat Scholarship Contest and be fully aware of the Contest Conditions.
- Carry out the respective process in the Admissions office, and start the process with the delivery of documents and selection of the date to take the academic aptitude test (PAA exam), on one of the dates established by Admissions and detailed in the Contest Conditions. More information regarding the process of admitting regular students.
- To obtain first, second, and third place in the Claude Bourgelat Scholarship Contest.
- Obtain a minimum result of 1900/2400 on the Academic Aptitude Test (PAA).
- Complete all the activities detailed in the Contest Conditions.
- Visit three different places related to the field of action of Veterinary Medicine and prepare and submit work.
- Attend the conferences and present the written exam related to the topics taught in the conferences that will be evaluated over a total of 100 possible points.
- Submission of written work (20 points), only for those students who achieve a minimum score of 85/100 on the written exam.
- Delivery of the participation to the tutors.
Timetable of Activities
|DATE OR TIME PERIOD||TIME||ACTIVITY|
|Monday, December 9th, 2019 through Saturday, March 14th, 2020||from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eugenio Espejo Building. offices no. 301, 305, or 308.||
|Monday, December 9th, 2019 through Sunday, March 22nd, 2020||
|Friday, March 27th, 2020||
Submit written work and its evidence (photos):
|Friday, April 3rd, 2020||from 2:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. USFQ Auditorium of the Veterinary Specialties Hospital||
|Saturday, April 4th, 2020||from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. USFQ Auditorium of the Veterinary Specialties Hospital||
|Wednesday, April 15th, 2020||
Delivery of theoretical exam results
|Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020||12:00 p.m.||
Delivery of the written essay and record of the participation of the tutors
|Thursday, May 7th, 2020||Final delivery of results|
|Recommended dates to take the entrance exams and be able to participate in the Claude Bourgelat scholarship contest: January 25th, February 15th, March 7th, and March 28th, 2020.||
USFQ Entrance Exams
Students must take the entrance exam at USFQ on one of the established dates. We recommend checking the USFQ website: Admissions process for regular students and review the video that is posted on the website or read all about the admissions process. For the delivery of the documents and complementary information, you must go to the USFQ admissions department in the Galileo building, office No. 100, (telephone 2971700 extensions 1821/1822).
The minimum entrance exam score required to be eligible for the Claude Bourgelat scholarships is 1900/2400 points. Scores between 1700-1900 qualify for admission to the Veterinary Medicine program.