Specialization in Anesthesiology
Specialist in Anaesthesiology
Total credits: 400
Academic hours: 16,000
* Total cost:
* Total value for the 4 years of education
Start of classes:
Dates of entrance examination:
March 02, 2019
Welfare Practice in Public and Private Hospitals.
The training programme for medical specialists in Anaesthesiology, code 730912C01 (Technical Standard for Training in Medical and Dental Specialisations, Annex 1, 2018), allows postgraduates to be trained as experts, to apply the various anaesthetic, pharmacological and diagnostic techniques, complying with scientific and professional requirements in the knowledge of the basic sciences that underpin physiopathology and therapeutics; that allows them to practice safely and efficiently, providing competent care to their patients by providing accurate support to the treating doctors and that, through continuous learning, can contribute to the knowledge of specialization and contribute to related scientific-professional institutions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality. In accordance with the mission of the Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ, to form, educate, research, and serve the community within the philosophy of liberal arts, integrating all sectors of society (USFQ, 2018).
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
The training of specialist doctors will be carried out in a face-to-face mode with a total duration of 4 years, complying with the Technical Standard for Healthcare Units - Teachers issued by the CES in 2015.
Postgraduate studies in Anaesthesiology are aimed at national or foreign doctors residing in the country who have a third level degree in Medicine, Doctors in Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, legally accredited in the SNIESE.
The candidate must be a person who combines values and ethical principles, who can work autonomously, independently and as a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, teachers and tutors.
The candidate must have a positive attitude of dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our medical specialists will be able to lead the different medical diagnostic support services, and consolidate work teams in second and third level health entities in our country.
Another occupational field for which our specialists can choose is the free exercise of their profession.
The Anesthesiology Specialization allows the specialist doctor in this field to have the capacity to apply the diverse anaesthetic, pharmacological and diagnostic techniques, fulfilling the scientific and professional requirements in the knowledge of the basic sciences that support physiopathology and therapeutics.
We promote scientific medical research by providing students with the necessary tools for our students to get involved in scientific research projects.
The inter-institutional agreements that the USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and casuistry allow the university to train professionals with the highest level of knowledge.
- Third level degree in Medicine issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT.
- Have English proficiency equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with note.
- Official record of grades.
- Record of the title of the printed SENESCYT.
- Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado_posgrado
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Certificates of mental health, physical and vaccines up to date.
- Updated resume with color photograph.
- Have passed the Professional Qualification Examination of the Council for Evaluation, Accreditation and Quality Assurance of Higher Education CEAACES. Except for professionals in free professional exercise, before November 16, 2014.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certificate, or an Advanced Cardiac Resuscitation course.
- Complete the requirements indicated in the Resolution. No. RPC-SO-013-N°082-2012 and those described in the reform to the Rules for conducting the Competition for Merits and Opposition to access the Medical Specialty Programs through Resolution No. RPC-SO-19-N°215-2015 of May 13, 2015 or the one in force to date.
- Personal interview with the professors of the postgraduate program.
Alexandra Huerta Chávez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4014
Of. HDLV – 111 –B
For more information:
Dr. Santiago Ruales
Lorena Rubio Yépez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4024
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1824