Specialization in Pediatric Critical Care
Specialist in Pediatric Critical Care
Academic hours: 8.000 hours.
* Total cost:
Registration: $ 1.695,00
Tuition: $ 16.956,00
Start of classes:
Dates of entrance examination:
To be defined.
Welfare Practice in Public and Private Hospitals
The Pediatric Critical Care Specialization Program trains pediatricians who opt for a second specialty to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to transport, receive, stabilize, and restore the health of pediatric patients with serious injuries or conditions, severe instability of vital signs, or who are at the limits of survival.
An important part of the program awakens in postgraduates the scientific curiosity that induces them to generate research and prepares them to practice teaching.
The Specialization in Pediatric Critical Care is aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who have a fourth level degree in Pediatrics, duly accredited.
The applicant must be an altruistic person who practices values and ethical principles, able to work with high academic demands and time. In addition, they must have the required maturity and emotional stability.
They must also possess interpersonal and communication skills for a proper relationship with patients, their families and other members of the health team.
Upon completion of the specialization program, our medical specialists will be able to work as a team and lead Pediatric Critical Care services in public and private reference centers in health entities in our country.
With 30 years of existence, the USFQ is classified by national and international institutions as #1 in Ecuador and 51 in Latin America. The library has a selected and updated collection of books in all areas of knowledge, subscriptions to the most important scientific and technical journals, and an extensive collection of audiovisual and multimedia materials.
It stands out for its educational philosophy, the excellence of its institutional system, and its clear objectives. It provides its students with a liberal and integral education, in accordance with the reality of today's world.
The USFQ has a well-organized team of certified researchers who promote medical research, and has a Human Research Ethics Committee (CEISH-USFQ) certified by the Ministry of Public Health.
The USFQ maintains inter-institutional agreements with different national and international reference hospitals where highly complex patients are treated. This allows our postgraduates to acquire the highest level of knowledge and skills.
- Fourth level degree in Pediatrics issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT, printed.
- Third level degree in the field of health registered in the National System of Information of Higher Education of Ecuador SNIESE and in the Agency of Assurance of the Services of Health and Prepaid Medicine ACESS, printed.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Copy of voting card for national applicants.
- Certificate of undergraduate degree with printed note of undergraduate and graduate, printed.
- Official record of undergraduate and postgraduate grades, printed.
- Take the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process in: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Take a specific knowledge test.
- Printed Graduation Merit Index (IMG).
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Updated mental, physical and vaccination certificates.
- Updated resume with color photograph.
- Have passed the Professional Qualification Examination of the Council for Quality Assurance of Higher Education CACES. Except for professionals in free professional practice, before November 16, 2014.
- Current APLS (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) Certificate, or a similar course in Advanced Pediatric Cardiac Resuscitation.
- Verify and present the documents indicated in the Technical Standard Resolution N°RPC-SO-N°006-2019 corresponding to Merits. See link: http://gaceta.ces.gob.ec/inicio.html?id_documento=234102
Alexandra Huerta Chávez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4014
Of. HDLV – 111 –B
For more information:
Postgraduate Coordinator – Admissions
Of. Galileo 100
T.: (+593 2) 297-1824
Departamento de Asistencia Financiera y Becas
Of.: Galileo 109
T.: (+593 2) 297-1860, 297-1861, 297-1862