4 ordinary academic periods
Total credits: 59
Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (varies by professor availability).
Approved June 29th, 2016
Updated April 22nd, 2020
RPC-SO-25- Nº 216-2020
Enrolment Fee: $1,454.40
January 23, 2021,
This program is designed for professionals with graduate level degreesin careers related to microbiology. The program seeks motivated individuals with an interest in microbiology, scientific research, and who are willing to meet the expectations of this graduate program.
Our graduates will be trained to perform in all fields of microbiology that include human health, animal health, and the food industry, among others. They will have the capacity to assume management or supervision responsibilities of diagnostic, and research laboratories; they will have a clear vision of the logical processes that lead to the formulation of a hypothesis, the technical capacity to carry out an investigation, an approach to projects, and their evaluation.
- Top-level research professors. All professors have PhDs obtained from world-renowned research centers.
- New laboratories and management of cutting-edge technologies.
- An extensive research program that includes different areas of microbiology.
- Research projects with renowned universities and international institutions.
- Full scholarships for students with outstanding academic careers.
- Have a 3rd level degree (Bachelor- B.A./B.S.) issued by an accredited university in the country and registered in the SENESCYT, in Microbiology, Biology, Medical Technology, Medicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering in Biotechnology, Agronomy and Environmental Sciences. In the case of third-level degrees obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular means. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
- Sufficient command of the English language equivalent to B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Copy of the identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with grade average.
- Official transcript with grades.
- A printed copy of degree registration at SENESCYT.
- Copy of the Bachelor's degree diploma.
Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Three (3) academic letters of recommendation.
- One on one interview.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Full scholarship, covers the cost of tuition and fees.
Rectorate Scholarship, covers tuition and fees, and the student will receive a monthly stipend of $400.00 (Applies to students with the best grade averages).
"The USFQ Master's in Microbiology program allowed me to obtain an international science education in my own country, as well as being immersed in an academic environment based on the liberal arts. The knowledge acquired, in addition to the international contacts obtained, allowed me to develop myself successfully at the international level in my doctoral and postdoctoral studies."
- Paúl Cárdenas, MD. Ph.D. -
"Thanks to USFQ I was able to discover the things I love to do most in life: teach, learn, and research. Having been able to study undergraduate and graduate programs at USFQ was a unique and enriching experience, both personally and professionally. I thank graduates and the university for continuing to be my second home."
- Juan Daniel Mosquera, MSc. -