24 hour emergencies
The USFQ Veterinary Specialty Teaching Hospital is part of the USFQ Veterinary School and fulfills the function of training Veterinary students and serving the community through excellence in care for pets (dogs, cats, and exotic animals) and wildlife.
We are the main permanent medical-veterinary care center, with 24-hour care, 365 days a year, in the Cumbayá area and surrounding areas.
The HDEV opened its doors in March 2011 and is dedicated to training, educating, researching and offering veterinary medicine services to the community, within the philosophy of the Liberal Arts, integrating all sectors of society through the provision specialized services.
The hours of attention in external consultation are from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., for emergencies we offer 24-hour continuous attention, including weekends and holidays.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m
Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
Emergencies 24 hours
- Canine Medicine
- Feline Medicine
- Unconventional (Exotic) Pet Medicine
- Wildlife Medicine
- External consultation
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Neurosurgery (Spinal Surgery)
- Emergency Surgery
- Wound management
- Ear Surgery
- Oncologic surgery
- Traumatologic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care
- Clinical laboratory
- Images: Digital Radiology, Tomography, Endoscopy, Ultrasound.
- Home care
Applies only to services (medical procedures).
Does not include specialty procedures, exams, medications, or supplies.
The HDEV has an outstanding group of plant professionals, specialized in different areas, guaranteeing together with the highest technology medical equipment, optimal care and categorized within the highest national and international standards for clinical-surgical care of our patients.
To be an academic Veterinary Hospital that supports the education, research and community relations programs of the School of Veterinary Medicine of the USFQ, training professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs in the fields of clinic and surgery of different animal species, through the better provision of specialized services in the environment, with a model of excellence, friendliness and commitment to customer service, as well as comprehensive and effective medical treatment for our patients.
The HDEV will be the Veterinary Hospital with the highest national recognition and market leader both in the academic, technological, scientific, community and business fields, based on the provision of quality, effective and excellent services.
Highly trained staff: HDEV medical professionals have a high vocational spirit, and carefully keep updated the principles and protocols related to the practice of comprehensive veterinary medicine.
Commitment: The HDEV staff is highly committed to the welfare and health of all animals, as well as timely and satisfactory attention to clients in solving their needs and in the demand for our services.
Compassion in care: The people who work at HDEV, in all circumstances, expose attitude, loyalty, honesty, transparency, humility, among its main qualities that further enhance their professional practice offered to our patients and clients.
Additional strengths: High-tech equipment and adequate infrastructure. Strategic alliances with allied specialist professionals.
Learn with us
The HDEV is part of the USFQ School of Veterinary Medicine, serving as a tool for the training of career students.
As a teaching hospital, one of our main tasks is to provide theoretical and practical training to our students and professionals in the area of veterinary medicine, along with specialized training courses and workshops in various disciplines.
The Hospital offers pre-professional and professional practices throughout the year.
To apply to academic stays, you must send the following documents to Yadira Monar, Deputy Director of the hospital.(firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Personal letter of request to carry out the internship addressed to Yadira Monar, Deputy Director of the hospital.
- Institutional letter of application to carry out the internship, issued by your program's Academic Coordinator.
- Motivational letter to carry out the internship at our hospital.
- C.V. (remember that current data must always be at the beginning of the section).
- Academic Kardex with the grades obtained in your program.
- Copy of the updated identity document.
- Police record.
- ID and copy of the updated vaccination card (Rabies, Hepatitis, Tetanus, Yellow Fever)
- Personal interview scheduled with the Management.
- Increase Entrance Exam (grade higher than 8) for admission.
The HDEV has an academic area that facilitates the educational processes of the students of the USFQ School of Veterinary Medicine.
During your academic stay at HDEV, you will have the opportunity to learn in each of the medical areas:
- External consultation: The HDEV has 4 consultancies destined to attend to different animal species. In this rotation, you will be able to connect with the day-to-day care of patients and clients, developing skills both in the medical-veterinary area and in customer service.
- Hospitalization: This service has three spaces, one for dogs, one for cats and an isolated area exclusively for infectious patients. Within this rotation, it is intended to train the professional in the care of different clinical cases, in the management of the critical patient, and in the special care that some animals require.
- Surgery: The surgery service has pre-surgical and operating room areas. In these, our surgeons provide basic and specialized knowledge to practitioners. As in the other services, the academic and practical components complement each other, thus building the solid knowledge necessary to practice different procedures.
- Clinical lab: The laboratory is a fundamental tool for diagnosing pathologies. In this service, knowledge about the different exams offered is formed, as well as the interpretation of their results.
- Physiotherapy: Our rehabilitation and alternative medicine service offers a different approach to the care that pets require. In this rotation you will have the opportunity to relate rare cases with different treatment methodologies.
- Wildlife: HDEV has an area exclusively dedicated to Wild Fauna. In this, the members of the Tueri Fund take care of different animal species, seeking their speedy recovery, in order to move them to management centers or to their new habitat. Thanks to this service, you will be able to be part of clinical cases of wild patients arriving at the hospital.
Thanks to the support of the university community and the doctors and teachers of the hospital, projects are generated with an investigative and collaborative approach to the community.
Mass sterilization programs: Carried out in various areas of the country, contributing to population control of urban fauna.
The USFQ Veterinary Specialties Teaching Hospital recognizes its team of doctors and administrators as key elements of the institution's success thanks to its academic training, commitment, responsibility, creativity, leadership and loyalty.
If you want to work at the Veterinary Hospital of the San Francisco University of Quito and become part of the USFQ Community, follow these steps:
Interested in being part of the Administrative Staff of HDEV:
Send the following documents to email@example.com:
- (1) Motivational letter of maximum 1000 words in which you explain the reasons why you want to work in the administrative area of our institution.
- (2) Curriculum Vitae, which includes specific details of their academic training, their professional activities and the contact details of three professional reference persons
Interested in being part of the HDEV Medical Staff:
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (1) Motivational letter of maximum 1000 words in which you explain the reasons why you want to work in the medical area of our institution.
- (2) Curriculum Vitae, which includes specific details of their academic training, their professional activities and the contact details of three professional reference persons.