The Admission Process for all applicants to a Postgraduate Program at USFQ consists of two stages: Application and Selection.
The Postgraduate Programs of the Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ seek to select the best candidates for the different master's degrees and/or specialties offered.
The opening of a new cohort of a graduate program is subject to the enrollment of a minimum number of enrolled students, otherwise, a refund process will be carried out for the amounts paid and the reversion of the student status.
The application stage consists of the following steps:
1.1. Payment for the application process.
Make a payment of USD $148.00 USD, for the concept of "Postgraduate Application Process" through the following link
Payment can be made through the following channels:
- Credit or debit card.
- Deposit or transfer:
- RUC: 1791836154001
- Company Name: Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ
- Banco Pichincha: Current Account No. 3407330004
- Banco Bolivariano: Current Account No. 5075003350
Take a screenshot of the confirmation of the payment made through the system and send it to email@example.com with the following details in the body of the email:
- Full name,
- E-mail address,
- ID or passport number,
- Cell phone number,
- Postgraduate program of interest,
- What is your third level degree? and,
- Date chosen to take the exam*.
* Check the calendar at the bottom of this page for available dates.
This fee is non-refundable even if you withdraw from the process and is not transferable to other current or future services.
1.2. Registration for the Examination:
Complete the Application Form in digital format, which will be sent by the Admissions Office. The completed form must be sent as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a passport size photo.
* The candidate should review the specific requirements of each program (previous degree, SENESCYT registration, work experience, age, among others). If there are any questions regarding the specific requirements, please contact the Director of the Graduate Program of your interest before continuing with the process.
All the information about the requirements and contact information is available in the following link within the section of each program or specialization.
1.3. Online Aptitude Test:
Take the Online Aptitude Test, which has the following components:
Verbal Reasoning: measures the level of verbal skill development, and the ability to use verbal language for reading comprehension and interpretation. Interpretation of the meaning of words in context and analogical reasoning are also examined.
Mathematical Reasoning: exercises that require you to demonstrate your ability to process, analyze and use information to solve problems in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and probability.
It is recommended that you download the study guide for this exam, available in the following button:
1.4. English Proficiency for Graduate Programs
To be admitted to a graduate program at USFQ, it is necessary to demonstrate a level of proficiency in English. Each program has indicated the minimum level required, in relation to the scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The level required for each program is detailed in the following button:
The USFQ Department of Foreign Languages DLE is responsible for certifying this proficiency for admission. The ways to demonstrate proficiency are as follows:
- Taking the proficiency exam: this exam can be taken on the same date selected for the Proficiency Test. The result will indicate the applicant's level of English proficiency.
- Submit international test results: TOEFL IBT or TOEFL ITP, Cambridge, that are current (valid for two years) at the time of application are accepted. The DLE will issue a certificate of equivalency indicating the applicant's level of English based on the test results submitted.
- Having obtained an undergraduate degree at USFQ: English levels completed in an undergraduate program will be validated, as long as the application to the program is within two years from the date of approval of the last English level taken at USFQ.
1.5. Notification of Aptitude Test Results
The Admissions Office will notify the candidate of the results of the test, via e-mail, within one week of taking the test.
1.6. Request for basic documentation
The Admissions Office will send an e-mail to the candidate with the request for basic information that must be sent within a maximum period of one week. The documentation to be sent by the applicant is as follows:
- Previous degrees required,
- Official transcript of grades containing the overall cumulative average obtained or official grade transcript,
- SENESCYT* degree registration, and
- Copy of identity card or passport.
* In the case of third level or fourth level degrees, if applicable, obtained abroad, the applicant must previously register them at SENESCYT or may apply the Degree Registration Services Regulations in force, issued by this Secretariat, as the case may be.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to have this basic documentation at the time of initiating the admission process and to submit it within the indicated deadline, as well as to read the Graduate Student Handbook available on the University's web page and make sure to comply with all the admission requirements indicated.
The selection process is in charge of the Admissions Committee of each program. The program will contact each applicant to request the submission of the specific documentation required. Details of the information that will be requested are available at the following link. The information must be sent via e-mail, according to the instructions provided by the program.
NOTE: The foreign candidate, in order to be officially admitted to USFQ and begin his or her studies in any career or program, must have a visa or immigration status that allows him or her to study in Ecuador. The candidate must send a color copy of his/her student Visa, a document that certifies that this visa is in process or a document that certifies the required immigration status to email@example.com up to one day before the beginning of classes.
With the EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS from Produbanco - Grupo Promerica
fulfill your dream of having a postgraduate degree at USFQ!
Find out about the benefits for you by filling out the form here:
DENTAL SPECIALTY IN ORTHODONTICS
Start of new Public Competition of Merits and Opposition for the Specialty in ORTHODONTICS
Resolution RPC-SO-01-No.022-2021, January 6, 2021.
Duration: 2 and a half years (5 ordinary terms) - Number of places: 10.
Requirements: Specialization in Orthodontics.
Reception of documents: Monday, June 20, 2022
Admission exam: Saturday, June 25, 2022
Pablo Sebastian Moran
Dental Specialties Academic Manager
Office: Dental Clinic Building, CO-208
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1187
For Dental Specialties, the admission process is subject to a Public Competition of Merits and Opposition, which has as its first step the Publication of the call and, secondly, the Reception of folders of the applicants with the requirements that correspond to the Specialty. Once the documents have been verified, the applicant will be informed that he/she can continue with the payment for the admission process.
The admission process and admission to the Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ is centralized in the Admissions Department (firstname.lastname@example.org or +593 99 741 0135). It is made known to the community in general that USFQ does not have delegates or companies that manage the admission of students independently, nor the granting of scholarships. The USFQ admission process is clearly detailed at https://www.usfq.edu.ec/es/admisiones.
Please be advised that USFQ trademarks, logos, designs, etc., are protected by intellectual property rights, which may not be copied, distributed, modified or made available to third parties for commercial purposes without the written consent of USFQ. USFQ is not responsible for the improper use of its trademarks, logos, designs, etc., by third parties and urges those who know of such cases to report them to the competent authority.