The Admissions process for all USFQ Graduate Program applicants consists of two stages: Application and Selection.
USFQ Graduate Programs seek to select the best candidates for the different master's degrees and/or specialties it offers.
Make a payment of USD $135 at the USFQ Treasury window or make a cash deposit/electronic transfer in the name of USFQ, (Tax ID: 1791836154001) to one of the following accounts:
- Banco Pichincha: Checking Account No. 3218036504
- Banco Bolivariano: Checking Account No. 5075003350
With the voucher, go to the USFQ Treasury Office to generate the corresponding invoice and with it, withdraw the Application Package from the Admissions Department.
If you reside outside the city of Quito, click on this link to learn how to purchase your application package.
* The value of the Application Package is not refundable.
The Admissions Department will provide the applicant with an Application Package that includes:
- USFQ Application Request, which must be completed and delivered with a passport-size photo on the day of the exam.
- Exam registration document.
* The candidate must verify that he knows the specific requirements of each program (previous qualification, SENESCYT registration, work experience, age, among others). If there are concerns regarding specific requirements, we recommend contacting the Graduate Program Management of your interest before following this process.
* In case of applying to Medical Specializations, remember that before registering for the USFQ admission exam you must deliver your complete portfolio of requirements to the USFQ School of Medical Specialties, located at the Hospital de los Valles. Only those who comply with this in advance, can access the described admission process.
Assessment of reasoning skills and abilities in mathematics, indirect writing, and verbal aptitude. Each of these three components is valued over 800 points. So the maximum value is 2400 points. The structure of the exam is divided into five sections and lasts for 2 hours and 45 minutes. The questions are multiple choice.
The Aptitude Test is divided into three components:
Verbal Reasoning, measures the level of development of verbal ability, the ability to use verbal language for reading comprehension and interpretation. The interpretation of the meaning of words in context and analogical reasoning are also examined.
Mathematical Reasoning are exercises that require you to demonstrate your ability to process, analyze, and use information in solving problems in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and statistics and probability.
Indirect Writing, the exercises require that the basic skills of the writing process be mastered in order to recognize the errors that threaten assertive writing, both at the sentence or propositional level, as well as at the paragraph or text level.
English Proficiency for Graduate Studies
Admission to a university graduate program requires demonstrating a level of proficiency in English. Each program has its level indicated in relation to the scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Results Aptitude Test
The aptitude test is scored abroad and in two to three weeks the Admissions department will notify the candidate of the test results by email. Likewise, we will send you an email with the request for the basic documentation, digitally, two days later:
- Degree certificate (foreign universities do not require it),
- Official record of grades,
- Registration of the SENESCYT * degree, and
- Copy of the ID card.
* Third level degrees obtained abroad, these must be sent apostilled or legalized by Consular route. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
This process is in charge of the respective Graduate Academic Program. If selected, the specific documentation that can be consulted on the web portal or to the Coordination of the Postgraduate Program must be delivered.
Consult the web portal or request from the Administration of the Postgraduate Program.
In order for a foreign student to be officially admitted to USFQ and begin their studies in any degree or program, they must have a Visa or immigration status that allows them to study in Ecuador.
A color copy of the Student Visa must be sent to email@example.com or delivered to the Admissions Office prior to the official admission of the student and beginning of their studies.