Business Contact USFQ promotes the development of business alliances in the professional area both nationally and internationally, with the aim of promoting job offers, internships and pre-professional practices exclusively for USFQ students and alumni.
Business Contact maintains agreements with more than 600 companies nationwide and generates 160 job opportunities internationally, through Work and Travel, Purdue University, and the IAESTE internship program (www.iaeste.org) with representation in 80 countries. It belongs to the international network Going Global, used to search for job offers worldwide.
To establish strategic alliances generate professional relationships between the student, the University and organizations at national and international level; through the development of programs and events that encourage and facilitate career guidance and job placement.
To be the number one reference as a job bank in Ecuador to obtain the best talent from USFQ.
Business Contact is a unique experience offered by USFQ to its students to optimize the start of their labor relations with the most prestigious companies and organizations in the country. Every year, USFQ organizes the Business Contact Day, which is attended by executives from dozens of companies invited to meet and interview our students who are about to graduate.
The main objective of the Business Contact is to create suitable channels between newly graduated USFQ professionals and the demands of the market, also benefiting entrepreneurs by providing highly qualified professionals under the philosophy of Liberal Arts.
To participate in the Business Contact you must enter your Curriculum Vitae through our system:
The first Business Contact was created in 1993 with the purpose of offering work experience and employment options and seeking a direct link between USFQ students and National and International companies.
"To encourage the development of Human Talent at a professional level by providing work experience, in order to enhance their abilities and aptitudes; generating mutual benefit for both the employer and the student-professional."
To establish strategic alliances generate professional relationships between the student, the University and organizations through the development of programs and events that encourage and strengthen the participation of these parties.
Business Contact promotes internships at the University of PURDUE, United States, open to students from all USFQ programs.
- Improve your English
- Familiarize yourself with a new culture
- Create professional contacts
- Gain international work experience
- Be a full time student of any higher education institute
- Be studying at least the third year of technical, science, or engineering programs.
- Minimum GPA of 3/ 4 or 7/ 10
- Advanced English Level
- Apply one year before the summer you wish to practice.
- Deliver documents
Work and Travel
Business Contact maintains an agreement with ORDEX, in which USFQ students can work in the United States during their academic summer.
- Improve your English
- Make friends from around the world
- Get to know and experience American culture
- International experience
- Travel in the USA
- Students between 18 and 28 years of age
- Nivel intermedio de ingles
- University certificate
IAESTE (International Association for the Exchange of students for technical experience):
Since 1999, USFQ has offered entrepreneurs the possibility of requesting international students, who will contribute to the technical and technological development of the company, being a contribution to the national development of I+D.
- Offers flexible profiles adapted to the needs of the company.
- Students complete projects full time for a minimum period of 2 months up to one year.
- Candidates are in their final years of undergraduate and graduate degrees from highly recognized universities worldwide.
- Strengthens international competitiveness and world presence, to develop innovative perspectives in global economy markets.
- The organization acquires managerial and working experience at the international level, strengthening the intercultural competencies of both the company and the team.
Contributes to the development of Ecuadorian students, since for each student received, a national student will have the opportunity to develop their professional practices abroad.
- Be a full-time student of any higher education institute.
- Be studying at least the third year of technical or science or engineering programs.
- Minimum GPA of 3/ 4 or 7/10
- Advanced English level
- Apply one year before the summer you wish to practice.
- Deliver documents
- National selection: Students compete on a national level with other universities and programs.
- International selection: Students compete with all of the countries that are IAESTE members.
- Business selection: After passing the two previous processes, the nomination of the participant is sent directly to IAESTE of the selected country and the company will have the final say.
|Period||General Activities||Specific Activities||Specific Activities|
|September-November||Registration Process Opens||Request interview with Andrea Peñaherrera||Request interview with Gloria Gangotena|
|Dates for interviews as of October 5th||Registration Process Opens||Request interview with Andrea Peñaherrera||Request interview with Gloria Gangotena|
|End of September||First Internship group for foreigners||Request interview with Andrea Peñaherrera||Request interview with Gloria Gangotena|
|End of October||Second Internship group for foreigners||Request interview with Andrea Peñaherrera||Request interview with Gloria Gangotena|
|End of November||Last Internship group for foreigners||Request interview with Andrea Peñaherrera||Request interview with Gloria Gangotena|
|Middle of January||National Selection Information via e-mail||Publication of Students selected on the national level||Publication of Students selected on the national level|
|Middle of February||International Selection Information via email||Publication of Students selected on the international level||Publication of Students selected on the international level|
|February -March||International Nominations Sent by Country||Delivery of all the documents in one pdf, on a CD, and sent by mail with a max size of 2.5MB. If sending a portfolio, it must be done in another file that does not exceed 10MB.||Deliver the general documents, plus the specific ones requested by each country.|
Business Contact is a unique experience offered by USFQ to its students to optimize the start of their labor relations with the most prestigious companies and organizations in the country.
Twice a year, Business Contact holds two job fairs, attended by executives from dozens of companies invited to meet and interview our upcoming graduating students.
The main objective of the Business Contact is to create suitable channels between the new graduate professionals of the USFQ and the demands of the market, also benefiting the businessman by providing highly qualified professionals under the philosophy of the Liberal Arts.
To participate in the Business Contact you must enter your Curriculum Vitae through our system
f you are a USFQ alumnus or student and want to receive job offers, follow us on LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/usfq-contacto-empresarial/
As of September 2017, Business Contact joined the international network of Going Global, which is a search engine for job offers worldwide, to provide resources to alumni and students seeking employment within the country and abroad.
Going Global is the leading provider of job information by country. The database provides 33 career guidance guides, over 16 million career opportunities worldwide, internships, and more than 450,000 corporate profiles in 196 countries. More than 600,000 employment opportunities are updated daily.
To access Going Global:
- Enter from USFQ: https://online.goinglobal.com
- Register through Gmail, Linkedin, or Facebook or create your username
- Search job offers
- Apply directly
If you have any questions or concerns email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Contact aims to link students to the world of work. In this way, it has strategic alliances with more than 600 public and private organizations, offering an annual job exchange service that includes participation in two job fairs (May-November) to interview recently graduated USFQ students, alumni with experience and / or master's degrees and students looking for internships for the summer..
Requirements for students
|JUNIOR JOB FAIR||SENIOR JOB FAIR|
|Takes place twice a year (November and May) and is aimed at recent graduates or students who are graduating.
|Takes place twice a year (November and May) and is aimed at experienced USFQ alumni and/or those with master's degrees who wish to receive new job offers.
Note: For more information regarding this process email@example.com
The career guidance talks are carried out by organizations that seek to advise students within the professional field and promote their organization as a company brand and a potential employer for USFQ students and alumni.
Business Contact offers training courses on current topics of interest to organizations that want to keep up with market trends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I complete internships in two differentplaces?
Yes, but you must complete 320 hours between the two.
Does the company have to be related to my field of study?
You must work in the same field as the one you study in while in the company.
Can I complete an internship in a family business?
They are not valid.
What if I have my own business?
You need the Tax ID number, the company's articles of incorporation, and an essay indicating the area for improvement.
What do I need to complete internships abroad?
Agreement, Certificate, and PASEM Evaluation or work certificate. The convention is not necessary.
Can I complete an internship within USFQ?
Yes, it can be done with prior authorization from the Business Contact Department.
What if I am already working?
You must present a work certificate and the essay.
From what year are the hours for PASEM valid?
From the end of your third year.
What happens if the company does not want to sign the agreement?
You must write a letter to the Business Contact Committee to evaluate your case.
How many hours a day should I complete?
You must come to that agreement with the employer.
What if I am studying two professions?
You must take classes twice, internship hours are accepted.
- Charla Alpina - 18.10.2017
- Charla Cervecería Nacional - 24.05.2017
- Charla Deloitte - 27.09.2017
- Charla EF - 15.03.2017
- Charla Enseña Ecuador - 06.04.2017
- Charla General Motors - 09.05.2018
- Charla Grupo Vilaseca - 01.11.2017
- Charla Ordex - 15.12.2017
- Charla RTU - 30.06.2017
- Charla Schlumberger – 04.05.2017
- Charla Beiersdof - 09.05.2018
- Charla Cervecería Nacional - 07.02.2018
- Charla Cervecería Nacional - 02.05.2018
- Charla Cervecería Nacional - 18.04.2018
- Charla EF - 20.02.2018
- Charla Medford - 07.03.2018
- Charla Nestlé - 14.03.2018
- Charla Nestlé - 25.04.2018
- Charla Ovlex - 13.11.2018
- Charla Pepsico – 06.11.2018
- Charla Super Foods - 21.02.2018
- Feria Work and Travel – 19.09.2018