Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
1 year and a half ( 3 semesters and 1 summer session)
Total credits: 47
Academic hours: 2125
Track 1: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6.30 p.m. to 9.45 p.m.
Track 2 *: Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
*Track 2 will only open when Track 1 is completed.
Approved on December 10, 2014
Resolution RPC-SO-44 No. 518-2014
Enrolment Fee: $1,915
May 8 and 29, 2021
June 12 and 26, 2021
July 10 and 24, 2021
The USFQ MBA trains managers with a broad vision of their role; creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial professionals, free and fearless; capable of making the leap towards the creation of their own company, or towards professional growth, occupying positions of regional relevance in large multinationals.
The applicant must demonstrate full-time professional experience in administration, business, sales, marketing, human resources, finance, or commercial activities for a minimum period of three years after graduating from university. They must have directed or actively participated in projects of strategic relevance, led original initiatives that have generated a positive impact for themseves, for society, or for the organization that employs them.
The USFQ MBA graduate has the managerial skills necessary to work in large multinationals in Ecuador or abroad, in large Ecuadorian companies, in family companies, or their own business.
Access to USFQ facilities:
- Neuromarketing laboratories
- Bloomberg platform
- Recreational areas
- Parking at Paseo San Francisco shopping center
- Sport areas
Access to USFQ's electronic resources:
Wifi, network, emails, academic platforms.
- The USFQ MBA obtained the AMBA accreditation (Association of MBAs) in 2018. AMBA, based in London, accredits MBA programs in more than 49 countries, and has been doing so since the early 1980s. This Association, along with the MBAs, values the quality of the school in terms of its strategy, mission, faculty, students, curricular programs, and evaluation system.
- According to AMBA standards, admitted students must have at least three years of work experience to be an accredited master.
- Three-quarters of the business school teaching team must be in possession of a master's or doctorate in a relevant subject.
USFQ Business School is a member of BALAS (Business Association of Latin American Studies) and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
Being part of a network of contacts where professionals, academia, and companies come together in search of developing business opportunities, sharing information, and looking for potential clients.
USFQ MBA participants have access, during their two years of study, to international weeks at the following universities and countries:
- Kelley School of Business, USA
- Babson College, USA
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- MIT, United States *
- EADA Business School, Spain **
** Academic conditions and extra cost.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in any area of knowledge, issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT. In the case of a Bachelor's degree obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular means. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
- Copy of the identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with grade average.
- Official transcript with grades.
- A printed copy of degree from SENESCYT, and
- Pass the USFQ graduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
Specific program requirements:
The applicant must demonstrate full-time professional experience in administration, business, sales, marketing, human resources, finance, or commercial activities for a minimum period of three years after graduating from university. They must have directed or actively participated in projects of strategic relevance, led original initiatives that have generated a positive impact for themselves, for society or for the organization in which they work.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Fill personal data sheet.
- Prepare an essay; within the Selection process, the applicant will be asked to write an essay on a subject to be determined. The essay will be evaluated as part of the admission process.
After the exam, the applicant will be asked for a personal interview. This interview takes place approximately two weeks after taking the Admission Exam.
Total investment: $21,230 (Tuition + Enrollment fee)
Registration: $1,930 (a single payment that can be deferred to 3 months no interest with the following credit cards: Diners Club, Banco de Pichincha, and Banco de Guayaquil)
Tuition: $19,300 (two payments that can be deferred up to 24 months no interest with the following credit cards: Diners, Pichincha, and Guayaquil)
*Payments with other cards according to the conditions that apply.
Tuition, access to electronic resources and USFQ facilities, academic cost and accommodation during the international week at Babson College (Boston) or Kelley School of Business (Indiana).
Does not include:
Airline tickets and participation in a second international week.
The student, if required, can access financing for a percentage of the value of the graduate program. This value may begin to be paid upon graduation. More information at: https://www.usfq.edu.ec/programas_academicos/posgrado/Paginas/asistenciafinanciera.aspx
"The USFQ MBA provided me with the knowledge and tools necessary to structure and develop my own business and thus apply the acquired management skills in the future."
- Juan Pablo Gómez, MBA 2014-2016, Regional Sales Manager, BIC Ecuador -
"I value the comprehensive training received in the USFQ MBA, it has allowed me to have a more complete vision about the financial intermediation sector, as well as participate in projects related to optimizations in the organizational structure of a company."
- Rita Delgado, MBA 2012-2014, Manager Business Partner, PRODUBANCO -