Total credits: 100
RPC-SO-35-No.583-2018, September 26, 2018
Enrolment Fee $4,239
* Total amount for 5 years of education.
March 19, 2022.
Specific knowledge test: March 26, 2022. Apply for applicants registered in march 2020.
Social Work Internship in Public and Private Hospitals.
The training program for medical specialists in Pediatric Surgery allows graduates to train as experts in medical-surgical knowledge and tasks in the period of life that spans from conception to adolescence, adequately employing diagnostic and therapeutic techniques appropriate to physiological behavior, specific, special and distinctive characteristic of patients of these age groups, both under normal and pathological conditions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality. In accordance with the mission of the School of Medical Specialties of USFQ, to contribute to improving the quality of care and comprehensive treatment of patients through the implementation of concepts of total quality, whose achievements exceed the expectations of patients and their families, through the permanent updating of knowledge and in a favorable environment.
The training of specialist doctors will be carried out in person with a total duration of 5 years, complying with the Technical Standard for Healthcare Units - Professors (CES, June 23, 2015), numeral 12.
Graduate levels studies in Pediatric Surgery are aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who have a graduate-level degree in Medicine, Doctors of Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, legally accredited in the SNIESE.
The applicant must be a person who combines ethical values and principles, who can work autonomously, independently and in a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, of professors, and tutors.
The applicant must have a positive attitude toward dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our specialist doctors are able to lead the different pediatric surgery medical services and consolidate work teams in the "second-level" (internal general medicine) and "third level" (referral or highly specialized hospitals) health entities in our country.
Another professional field that our specialist doctors can choose is the free exercise of their profession.
The Specialization in Pediatric Surgery allows the medical specialist in this field to have the ability to diagnose minor pathologies that require timely surgical intervention.
We promote scientific medical research by making the necessary tools for our students to become involved in scientific research projects available to them.
The inter-institutional agreements that USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and cases to allow the university to train professionals with the highest level of knowledge.
- Graduate-level degree in Medicine issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT. In the case of graduate-level degrees obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular channels. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to a graduate-level degree, in accordance with the current Academic System Regulations.
- Have proficiency in the English language equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree Certificate with grade average.
- Official transcript with grades.
- Printed copy of the registration of the SENESCYT degree.
- Pass the USFQ graduate degree admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Residency Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Up-to-date immunization, physical and physical health certificates.
- Updated resume with color photography.
- Valid certificate from the Advanced Pediatric Life Support Program or an advanced cardiac resuscitation course.
- Have passed the Professional Qualification Exam of the CEAACES Higher Education Assessment, Accreditation and Quality Assurance Council. Except for professionals in free professional practice, before November 16, 2014.
- Complete the requirements indicated in the Resolution. N ° RPC-SO-013-N ° 082-2012 and those described in the reform to the Regulations for the Merit and Opposition Contest to access the Medical Specialties Programs through Resolution N ° RPC-SO-19-N ° 215-2015 of May 13, 2015 or the one in force to date.
- Personal interview with the professors of the graduate-level program.