Total credits: 80
RPC-SO-35-No.583-2018, September 26, 2018
Enrollment fee: $3,391.40
* Total cost for 4 years of education..
Temporarily suspended for contingencies due to the pandemic
Social Work Internships in Public and Private Hospitals.
The training program for medical specialists in Orthopedics and Traumatology enables graduates to train as experts in conditions of the musculoskeletal system. Complying with the scientific and professional demands in the knowledge of: basic sciences that support Pathophysiology and therapy, management of the clinical and therapeutic approach, and the rehabilitation of these conditions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality. In accordance with the mission of the USFQ School of Medical Specializations, to contribute to improving the quality of care and comprehensive treatment of patients through the implementation of concepts of total quality, whose achievements exceed the expectations of patients and their families, through the permanent updating of knowledge and in a favorable environment.
Graduate studies in Orthopedics and Traumatology are aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who holds a graduate level degree in Medicine, Doctors of Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, legally accredited.
The applicant must be a person who combines ethical values and principles, who can work autonomously, independently, and as part of a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, professors, and tutors.
The applicant must have a positive attitude of dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our specialist doctors are able to lead the different orthopedic and trauma medical services and consolidate work teams in second and third level health entities in our country.
Another professional field our medical specialists can choose is to practice in the free exercise of their profession.
The Orthopedics and Traumatology Specialization allows the medical specialist in this field to have the ability to diagnose diseases of the musculoskeletal system, especially those that are susceptible to surgical treatment by applying surgical techniques, rehabilitation procedures and cutting-edge clinical treatments.
We promote scientific medical research by making available to students the necessary tools for our students to become involved in scientific research projects.
The inter-institutional agreements that USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and cases, allow the university to train professionals with the highest level of knowledge.
- Graduate level degree in Medicine issued by an accredited University in the country and registered with SENESCYT. In the case of Bachelor's degrees obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular means. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with grade average.
- Official transcript with grades.
- A printed SENESCYT degree registration.
- Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Up-to-date immunization, physical and physical health certificates.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae with color photography.
- Valid certificate of the Advanced Life Support Program ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support).
- Complete the requirements indicated in Resolution No. RPC-SO-013-No. 082-2012 and those described in the reform of the Rules for conducting the Contest of Merits and Opposition to access the Medical Specialty Programs through Resolution No. ° RPC-SO-19-N ° 215-2015 of May 13, 2015 or the one in force to date.
- Personal interview with the graduate program professors .