Specialization in Pediatric Surgery
Specialist in Pediatric Surgery
Total credits: 100
Academic hours: 20.000 hours.
* Total cost:
Registration: $ 4.239,00
Tuition: $ 42.391,00
* Total value for the 5 years of training
Start of classes:
Dates of entrance examination:
02 March 2019.
Welfare Practice in Public and Private Hospitals
The training programme for medical specialists in Paediatric Surgery allows postgraduates to be trained as experts in medical-surgical knowledge and work in the period of life from conception to adolescence, adequately using diagnostic and therapeutic techniques appropriate to the specific physiological behaviour, special and distinctive characteristic of patients of these age groups, both in normal and pathological conditions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality. According to the mission of the School of Medical Specialties of the Universidad San Francisco of Quito USFQ, to contribute to improve the quality of the attention and the integral treatment of the patients through the implementation of concepts of total quality, whose achievements surpass the expectations of the patients and their relatives, through the permanent update of knowledge and in a propitious environment.
The training of specialist doctors will be carried out in a face-to-face modality with a total duration of 5 years, in compliance with the Technical Standard for Assist-Teaching Units (CES, 23 June 2015), numeral 12.
Postgraduate studies in Pediatric Surgery are aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who have a third level degree in Medicine, Doctors in Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, legally accredited in the SNIESE.
The applicant must be a person who combines values and ethical principles, who can work autonomously, independently and as a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, teachers and tutors.
The aspirant must have a positive attitude of dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our medical specialists are able to lead the different medical services of Pediatric Surgery and consolidate work teams in second and third level health entities in our country.
Another occupational field for which our specialists can choose, is to exercise in the free exercise of their profession.
The Pediatric Surgery Specialization allows the specialist in this field to have the capacity to diagnose the pathologies of the minor that require a timely surgical intervention.
We promote scientific medical research by providing students with the necessary tools for our students to get involved in scientific research projects.
The inter-institutional agreements that the USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and casuistry allow the university to train professionals with the highest level of knowledge.
- Third level degree in Medicine issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT.
- Have English proficiency equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with note.
- Official record of grades.
- Record of the title of the printed SENESCYT.
- Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at:
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Certificates of mental health, physical and vaccines up to date.
- Updated resume with color photograph.
- Current certificate from the Advanced Pediatric Life Support Program or an advanced cardiac resuscitation course.
- Have passed the Professional Qualification Examination of the Council for Evaluation, Accreditation and Quality Assurance of Higher Education CEAACES. With the exception of professionals in free professional practice, before November 16, 2014.
- Complete the requirements indicated in the Resolution. N°RPC-SO-013-N°082-2012 and those described in the amendment to the Rules for conducting the Competition for Merits and Opposition to access the Medical Specialty Programs through Resolution N° RPC-SO-19-N°215-2015 of May 13, 2015 or the one in force to date.
- Personal interview with the professors of the postgraduate program.
Alexandra Huerta Chávez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4014
Of. HDLV – 111 –B
For more information:
Dr. Michaell Ugazzi
Lorena Rubio Yépez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4024
Postgraduate Coordinator – Admissions
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1824