"Focused on solving the technological problems of the present and the future"
Computer Science Engineering
The Computer Science program focuses on the study of the fundamentals of the computational theory that serve as the basis for the use, design, and development of software tools and applications. This includes developing applications for desktop computers, server-side applications, for mobile devices with access to the Internet and cloud resources. Therefore, the study program focuses on meeting the needs of the current market.
The program studies technologies that are used for the implementation and administration of Information Systems such as: databases and data mining, operating systems, computer architecture and security, the different project administration and evaluation tools, as well as current technologies such as mobile devices and wireless networks. Our study program develops professionals capable of keeping up-to-date and being creative agents in the computing technologies of the future.
- USFQ's Computer Science Engineers enjoy an excellent reputation both professionally and academically, due to the pursuit of a constantly updated curriculum, the multidisciplinary approach to the career and the teaching environment oriented to the
- Graduates are very easy to integrate into dynamic and solution-oriented work environments for society and the companies in which they collaborate.
- Computer Science Engineering is a particular program that can be linked to any field of work, such as: business administration, operations, finance, insurance, medicine, etc., any modern company is related in some way, or indirectly, with computational applications.
- Thanks to the international internship agreement (IAESTE), students have the opportunity to participate in paid internships in Europe and the US. These internships are recommended for final year students or recent graduates since there is a great probability of extending the internship period or continuing in a stable employment relationship (this usually depends on each country and the type of company).
- The Business Contact Office allows students to interact with national companies to carry out their professional practices. The companies where the internships are carried out are generally software development, however, there are also industrial companies that are looking for interns with future projections.
- USFQ students have an extensive student exchange program that allows them to study for a semester or a year at different foreign universities, opening a great opportunity for international contacts that potentially lead to new opportunities for postgraduate studies and employment.
- Graduates of the Computer Science Engineering career are highly valued, most of the technology companies carry out software development for the national and international market. The preparation of the students allows to choose for job positions in the national and foreign market.
- Through contacts made during IAESTE and student exchanges, links are created to offer software development services to foreign companies.
- Engineers in Computer Science enjoy the advantage of being able to carry out work remotely for companies and clients located in various geographical points.
The Computer Science Engineering program trains professionals with knowledge of computing, systems, and business informatics, who use automated systems to solve problems and facilitate the work of companies in administrative, and research tasks.
Graduates of Engineering in Computer Science become active support elements in daily work and in developing plans for the future of the company and the community in which they interact.
USFQ promotes in the graduate the development of research, analysis, and synthesis skills that allow them to understand and lead the adoption and development of new technologies in an effective and efficient way.
"The excellent job opportunities I have had have been due to USFQ's quality and level of education. Many companies look for professionals from USFQ because of our openness to learn, contribute and develop within an organization."
- Carlos Araujo, Class of 2007 -
"During my five-year program, I had a first-rate academic education, and the university also opened doors for me to gain professional experience both inside and outside the country."
- Belén Padilla, Class of 2005 -
"The Computer Science program at USFQ is one of the most competitive at a national and international level. Thanks to my studies at that institution, I found a position at the multinational insurance company ACE and am also currently considered a Senior Developer in a successful company in the United States, Oshyn."
- Juan Pablo Albuja, Class of 2007 -
"They gave me freedom and taught me how to use it. I learned that responsibility is one of the most important qualities that must be cultivated day by day. I was trained as an excellent engineer, but also as a human being, because I not only had programming classes and systems design, but I was able to discover that there is much more to the world and they gave me the tools to explore and enjoy this globalized world."
- María Cisne García, Class of 2010 -
“USFQ's approach to Liberal Arts allows us to have a comprehensive education and that is what I value most in my studies. We are free to choose the courses that complement the degree and allow us to expand the range of possibilities for subsequent professional application. Within the systems courses, the teaching methodology pushes us to investigate and try to understand instead of just memorizing. We are not just tied to a specific technology, but rather to understanding the concepts that are generally applicable. This is very valuable in our work environment because technological changes are frequent and the updating of knowledge is continuous."
- Paúl Barriga,Class of 2013 -