"We are agents of change in organizations and society"
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication has three approaches: public relations and intangible management, internal communication and corporate culture, and communication for development. Under the emphasis of Organizational Communication and Public Relations, students will learn to manage and create communication strategies for public and private institutions, general population or public figures, building their image and reputation and promoting their productivity or service so that they can establish relationships full of credibility and trust with stakeholders or with the general public.
- The classes have a strong academic foundation, but they also have an eminently practical development, which puts the student in contact with professional reality. Students work with real companies in developing communication plans and campaigns.
- We offer an academic team with extensive professional experience, which will allows the sharing of knowledge with high-performance professionals, specialized in different areas of Communication.
- We train entrepreneurial professionals, encouraging the creation of their own agencies, with the ability to offer communication services in crisis management, social responsibility, internal communication or organization of events.
- Students develop solutions to society's problems through the implementation of real communication campaigns.
- Every year the NEOCOM Communication Workshop Seminar is held; an event that invites national and international experts who address contemporary issues. National and multinational companies participate in NEOCOM to present their achievements and transmit their expertise to students and the general public.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication graduates are trained to manage, innovate, and create commnication strategies for organizations, individuals, SMEs, public figures, building their image and reputation, and boosting their productivity. These professionals are creative leaders, strategists, and innovators who promote their ideas, generate responses to different cases and problems in the world of communication with an entrepreneurial, ethical, and social orientation. The versatility of communication offers plenty working spaces. The communicator is capable of:
- Communication and image diagnostics.
- Design and execution of organizational communication plans and campaigns.
- Strategic management of digital media and content generation.
- Management and communication in a crisis.
- Online and offline media management.
- Development of Educommunication campaigns.
- Sustainable social responsibility programs.
- Design of political and electoral communication proposals.
- Country/city and other brand strategies.
- Public enterprises.
- Private companies (Multinationals and SMEs).
- Non-Governmental Organizations and Foundations.
- Communication agencies.
- Personal and corporate image consulting.
- Event organization agencies.
“Since graduating in Communication from USFQ, I have been able to hold various positions within many of the branches covered by this program. I have worked in the pharmaceutical sector, in the tourism sector, and also in mass consumption. I am currently working as an entrepreneur in the Human Resources sector. Without a doubt, everything that the Communication program offers is indispensable in my day to day. I can safely say that they have given me all the necessary tools to do my job well.”
- María Cecilia Holguín, Co-founder, Grupo Lila -
“Studying Communication at USFQ has completely opened doors for me in the professional world. As it is a comprehensive profession with a high impact on the success of organizations, it is increasingly valued by senior managers for its ability to maintain good relationships with different close interest groups and position the organization that manages it reputationally. Much of where I am today I attribute to the updated approach that the career has, to its highly trained teachers, to the methodology used within COCOA, and in general to USFQ.”
- Juan Martín Muller, Corporate Communication Coordinator, Corporación Maresa -
“Studying Organizational Communication at USFQ, allows its graduates to perform in different fields of work. The Communication program has given me the tools to develop institutional campaigns, organization of events, and management of corporate and institutional channels within the company. It has helped me achieve great cohesion among my collaborators, as well as fostering a stronger work environment, with long-term and lasting relationships. It has also helped me to have a much more strategic vision, not only with the client but also corporately."
- Laura Bernal, Internal Communication Analyst, Banco Internacional -
“Since I graduated in Communication from USFQ, I have been able to hold various positions within many of the branches covered by this program. I have worked in the pharmaceutical sector, in the tourism sector and also in mass consumption. I am currently working as an entrepreneur in the Human Resources sector. Without a doubt, everything that the Communication program offers is indispensable in my day to day. I can safely say that they have given me all the necessary tools to do my job well.”
- María Cecilia Holguín, Co-founder, Grupo Lila -
“After studying at USFQ, I was able to find job opportunities at a variety of companies. I managed Marketing in a company in the automotive sector, worked in Public Relations and Social Responsibility in a multinational communications company and currently work in Mass Consumption. My experience in the Communication program was fundamental for my development in these work fields. The teachers, classes, and strategies contributed to the fact that now I can perform in various disciplines.”
- Vanessa Illescas, Head of Communications. Confiteca C.A. -
Comments from our professors:
"Organizational Communication is a necessity for companies, institutions, or organizations, and allows them to comply with their strategic plan. Their field of action is very wide since professionals work in all types of organizations."
- Gabriela Falconí, Career professor -
“In the Organizational Communication program, we hope that our students are able to develop communication and public relations strategies efficiently, to work in companies in the public sector, private sector, NGOs, and foundations. The tools we provide will make it possible for them to generate their own agencies or, in turn, to become advisers to these types of companies.”
- Gustavo Cusot, Career Coordinator -