Specialization in Medical Imaging
Specialist in Medical Imaging
Total credits: 60
Academic hours: 12.000 hours.
* Total cost:
Registration: $ 2.543,00
Tuition: $ 25.436,00
* Total value for the 3 years of training
Start of classes:
Dates of entrance examination:
02 March 2019.
Welfare Practice in Public and Private Hospitals
The training program for medical specialists in Medical Imaging, allows postgraduates to be trained as experts in diagnostic-therapeutic assessment of pathology in all organs and systems of the human body, meeting the scientific and professional requirements in the knowledge of: the basic sciences that underpin physiopathology and therapeutics, that allow them to practice efficiently, providing competent care to their patients by providing accurate support to treating physicians, and that, through continuous learning, can contribute to the knowledge of specialization and be useful to related scientific-professional institutions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality. According to the mission of the School of Medical Specialties of the Universidad San Francisco of Quito USFQ, to contribute to improve the quality of the attention and the integral treatment of the patients, through the implementation of concepts of total quality, whose achievements surpass the expectations of the patients and their relatives, through the permanent update of knowledge and in a propitious environment.
The training of specialists in medical imaging will be conducted in the form of face-to-face with a total duration of 3 years complying with the Technical Standard for Care Units - Teachers issued by the CES in 2015.
Postgraduate studies in Imaging are aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who have a third level degree in Medicine, Doctors in Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, legally accredited in the SNIESE.
The applicant must be a person who combines values and ethical principles, who can work autonomously, independently and as a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, teachers and tutors.
The aspirant must have a positive attitude of dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our medical specialists will be able to lead the different medical diagnostic support services, and consolidate work teams in second and third level health entities in our country.
Another occupational field for which our specialists can choose is the free exercise of their profession.
The Medical Imaging Specialization allows the medical specialist in this field to have the ability to provide diagnostic support to different medical specialties, whose contribution helps the prevention and timely treatment of diseases.
We promote scientific medical research by providing students with the necessary tools for our students to get involved in scientific research projects.
The inter-institutional agreements that the USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and casuistry allow the university to train professionals with the highest level of knowledge.
- Third level degree in Medicine issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with note.
- Official record of grades.
- Record of the title of the printed SENESCYT.
- Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process in: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Certificates of mental health, physical and vaccines up to date.
- Updated resume with color photograph.
- Have passed the Professional Qualification Examination of the Council for Evaluation, Accreditation and Quality Assurance of Higher Education CEAACES. Except for professionals in free professional exercise, before November 16, 2014.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certificate, or an Advanced Cardiac Resuscitation course.
- Complete the requirements indicated in Resolution.N°RPC-SO-013-N°082-2012 and those described in the reform to the Rules for conducting the Competition for Merits and Opposition to access the Medical Specialty Programs through Resolution No. RPC-SO-19-N°215-2015 of May 13, 2015 or the one in effect at the time.
- Personal interview with the professors of the postgraduate program.
Juan Carlos Jara, Specialization in Medical Imaging student
You can be a good Medical Specialist in Imaging, but when you have a world that walks very fast, it is not enough to know all the new technologies: you have to know how to develop good personal relationships, work in teams, lead, manage projects, and that is what the Universidad San Francisco de Quito has allowed me, being able to have the opportunity to learn from the best that is not the limit of employment opportunities, but that one is the generator of employment and production. I feel very satisfied with the decision I made to study at the best university in the country, which not only allowed me to advance as a professional, but also allows us to assume the challenges of creating a new generation that in the near future will be a leader in the country, and allowed me to fulfill a life motto that is MAKING REALITY YOUR DREAMS MAKE GREAT TO ECUADOR AND TO THE WORLD.
Natali Flores Santamaría, MD, Postgraduate in Radiology and Imaging USFQ-HCAM
The USFQ postgraduate course opens doors for you, because you look at the world from another perspective, always seeking excellence, in such a way that it has given me the tools to stand out nationally and internationally. I was invited to the European Congress of Radiology and accepted to do my internship in the best hospitals in the United States. As a future radiologist, I feel ready to face the challenges to come and efficiently contribute to society.
Alexandra Huerta Chávez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4014
Of. HDLV – 111 –B
For more information:
Dr. Pedro Cornejo
Lorena Rubio Yépez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4024
Postgraduate Coordinator – Admissions
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1824