Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology
Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology
Total credits: 80
Academic hours: 16.000 hours.
* Total cost:
Registration: $ 3.391,40
Tuition: $ 33.914,60
* Total value for the 4 years of training
Start of classes:
Dates of entrance examination:
02 March 2019.
Welfare Practice in Public and Private Hospitals
The training programme for medical specialists in Orthopaedics and Traumatology allows postgraduates to be trained as experts in disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Fulfilling the scientific and professional requirements in the knowledge of: basic sciences that support the physiopathology and therapeutics, management of the clinical approach, therapeutic, and rehabilitation of these conditions, all in the context of the needs of the national reality. According to the mission of the School of Medical Specializations of the Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ, to contribute to improving the quality of care and comprehensive treatment of patients through the implementation of concepts of total quality, whose achievements exceed the expectations of patients and their families, through the permanent updating of knowledge and in a conducive environment.
Postgraduate studies in Orthopedics and Traumatology are aimed at national or foreign doctors based in the country who have a third level degree in Medicine, Doctors in Medicine and Surgery, Doctors, General Doctors, legally accredited.
The applicant must be a person who combines values and ethical principles, who can work autonomously, independently and as a team, must be able to work with high academic demands and have the maturity and emotional stability to meet the expectations of the institution, teachers and tutors.
The aspirant must have a positive attitude of dealing with the internal and external user that fosters a culture of humanized behavior.
At the end of the specialization program, our medical specialists are able to lead the different medical services of Orthopedics and Traumatology and consolidate work teams in second and third level health entities in our country.
Another occupational field for which our specialists can choose is to practice freely.
The Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology allows the specialist in this field to have the ability to diagnose diseases of the musculoskeletal system, especially those that are susceptible to surgical treatment by applying surgical techniques, rehabilitation procedures and cutting-edge clinical treatments.
We promote scientific medical research by providing students with the necessary tools for our students to become involved in scientific research projects.
The inter-institutional agreements that the USFQ maintains with different public and private health entities that have the necessary equipment and casuistry allow the university to train professionals with the highest level of knowledge.
- Third level degree in Medicine issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to A1 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with note.
- Official record of grades.
- Record of the title of the printed SENESCYT.
- Pass the USFQ postgraduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process in: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Specific knowledge test.
- Undergraduate IMG Graduation Merit Index.
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Certificates of mental health, physical and vaccines up to date.
- Updated resume with color photograph.
- Current certificate of the Advanced Vital Support Program ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support).
- Complete the requirements indicated in Resolution. N°RPC-SO-013-N°082-2012 and those described in the reform to the Rules for the conduct of the Competition of Merits and Opposition to access the Medical Specialty Programs through Resolution No. RPC-SO-19-N°215-2015 of May 13, 2015 or that is in force to date.
- Personal interview with the professors of the postgraduate program.
Alexandra Huerta Chávez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4014
Of. HDLV – 111 –B
For more information:
Dr. Luis Calderón
Lorena Rubio Yépez
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 4024
Postgraduate Coordinator – Admissions
(+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1824