- Be a regular face-to-face USFQ student.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 at the time of application and maintain it until the moment of participating in the exchange.
- Be studying at least the third consecutive semester (minimum load each semester) at USFQ at the time of applying.
- Not be in the last year or be about to graduate.
- Not be taking the applicable Curricular Integration Unit, nor have completed the requirements to graduate.
- Have no open cases or serious sanctions to the honor code.
- Have the results of the language certificate until the application deadline. (i.e. Toefl results). If a university does not require TOEFL, you must at least have passed English level 5 at the USFQ or have a TOEFL of at least 60.
- OPI will consider the student´s performance throughout their studies, so can deny the application of a student with “D” or “F” in courses of their major or General College, even if they have repeated and passed those courses.
Search of Universities
Instructions for finding universities:
- Look for your degree in the “Universities by degree” file, which is divided by colleges.
- In the SPOTS tab, check if the university you are interested in has places available for the semester you want to apply to.
- In the SCHOLARSHIPS tab, check if the university you are interested in offers any type of scholarship to cover living costs.
- To have more information about the universities, download the factsheet of each one in the University Finder tool.
During the exchange, the program costs work as follows:
- Payment of 100% of the tuition to USFQ + Living costs in the foreign university.
For all students
- If you have a Scholarship or Financial Assistance, it is kept during the exchange.
- You pay the host University: accommodation, food, medical insurance, airfare, books, visa and special fees. These costs vary according to the country and the University.
- You can find estimated costs of these items in the fact sheets of each University in the “University Finder”.
- If you want to go on an exchange and require support from USFQ, you can apply for special financial aid for the exchange; Such assistance may include a scholarship percentage and a loan percentage. The exchange coordinator will inform you of the requirements and deadlines to apply for this special financial aid.
- In the event that your exchange is for one year, you must take into account that you will have Financial Aid for the exchange for one semester only.
- For more information on Financial Aid, please get in contact with them.
*If you decide to withdraw from the exchange programme, after having accepted the university to which you were assigned, you will have to pay a fine of $300.