Total credits: 93
Academic hours: 1488
Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Approved January 28th, 2015
Extension of the duration issued January 25th, 2017
Enrollment fee: $1,140
Program not available for new applications.
New re-opening pending.
The Pediatric Dentistry specialization aims to train professionals with high theoretical-practical knowledge, with skills and abilities in the management of pediatric patients medically affected or not. The pediatric dentist will be able to provide comprehensive oral care to babies, children, and adolescents and will be able to function both in private practice and in everything related to community ties.
Professionals interested in completing the Pediatric Dentistry Specialty with the degree of Registered Dentist at SENESCYT, and who demonstrate a high spirit of improvement and social responsibility. Previous academic achievements and their level of involvement in extracurricular, social, and community activities will be taken into account for these purposes.
The Specializations in Dentistry at USFQ are designed so that graduates have a high degree of depth and application in the different areas of Pediatric Dentistry. Our graduates will be able to carry out a comprehensive diagnosis, prevent, diagnose, and treat stomatognathic pathologies in the healthy or medically compromised patient. They can join both private practice and public institutions related to this discipline of knowledge and stand out for their leadership in both the practical and research fields.
At the end of their specialization in Pediatric Dentistry, the student will be able to show a theoretical and clinical in-depth knowledge of each specific case in their area, thus demonstrating independence and creativity in solving problems related to the different clinical procedures of Pediatric Dentistry.
Likewise, the specialist is expected to adopt ethical attitudes and values that adequately guide their professional practice, in order to improve the quality of their dentist-patient relationship and with society in general.
- Bachelor's degree in Dentistry, issued by an accredited university in the country and registered with SENESCYT. If the Bachelor's degree is obtained abroad, they must be apostilled or legalized by Consular means. The University will verify that the degree corresponds to the third level, in accordance with the current Academic Regime Regulations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to A2 of the Common European Framework.
- Copy of identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with grade average.
- Official transcript with grades.
- A printed copy of degree at SENESCYT.
- Pass the USFQ graduate admission exam. To do so, refer to the admissions process at http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Official certificate of having completed the year of Rural Health of Social Service Residency, issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador.
- Pass the knowledge test for the specialty that applies.
- Interview with the coordinator and professors of the program.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Semi-annual or annual payments.
"As an experience, I can say that being able to demonstrate the high scientific and professional level which makes up the group of professors of the Pediatric Dentistry Specialization program at the University of San Francisco de Quito is greatly satisfying. They support evidence-based, hands-on learning that strengthened me throughout my academic preparation.
Without a doubt, having decided to specialize at USFQ has allowed me to broaden my professional and work expectations. The knowledge obtained definitely allows us to develop in any field."
- Gianina Fernanda Toledo Martínez, Pediatric Dentistry Specialist, USFQ. General Dentist and Pediatric Dentistry Specialist in the Municipality of Tumbaco -