Annually the Universidad San Francisco de Quito USFQ organizes competitions in different academic areas. The winners receive full or partial scholarships to study at the USFQ.
Detailed information, registration dates, rules, requirements and percentages of scholarships awarded for each contest, can be found in the following list (click on the name of the scholarship):
|Charles Darwin||Biological and Environmental Sciences|
|Claude Bourgelat||Veterinary Medicine|
|Culinary Challenge / Junior Chef||Gastronomy|
|Dimitri Mendeléyev||Chemical Engineering|
|Excellence in Service||Hospitality & Hotel Management|
|Interpretatio||Social Sciences and Humanities|
|J.C. Maxwell||College of Science and Engineering|
|Marie Curie||College of Science and Engineering|
|Next Gen||Fashion Design|
|Norman Borlaug||Agronomy Engineering|
|Punto de Giro||Cinema|
|Terra Mater||Environmental Engineering|
|Voxel||COCOA Interactive Media|
|WISE||College of Science and Engineering|
STUDENTS ON SCHOLARSHIP MUST:
- Always maintain a cumulative semester average of at least 3.5/4.0
- Not earn a grade of "C" or lower in any subject
- Be a full-time student at the USFQ
- The contests apply only for entry in August
- Students who have taken the remedial test to improve their admission score are not eligible to participate. The student will be able to repeat the admission test only if he/she is in the second year of high school and thus improve his/her grade to apply to any program.
- The scholarships are renewed annually, as long as the student meets the academic conditions.
- Apply for renewal according to the published dates and the established process.
- All the scholarships offered by the USFQ apply on university education fees and not on tuition fees.