UNIDiversidad seeks to strengthen the USFQ as a space of trust and security for all members of its community, in an environment of freedom and respect. To this end, training and awareness activities are developed for teachers, administrative staff, physical plant and students. These activities cover topics of training in the handling of the necessary tools to recognize and avoid situations of discrimination, to have the capacity to offer immediate support to those involved and to refer them to the appropriate instances within the USFQ.
UNIDiversidad arises from a student initiative whose aim is to promote the well-being of the community through the active search for an environment of trust and empathy. Through its team of teachers and allies, it trains and guides the USFQ community to act in concrete situations related to respect for the individual and non-discrimination, according to the internal processes in place.
The fundamental purpose is to generate an environment of trust and productivity, with actions of awareness, which promote knowledge and empathy through sensitization oriented towards the prevention of any form of discrimination, without distinction of ethnicity, gender, skin color, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, gender, skin color, sexual orientation and diversities of the hand of the "trainer-of-trainers" program.
If you have a project or want to be part of the UNIDiversidad team, leave us your details and we will contact you. Join us
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the UNIDiversity program do?
The UNIDiversity Program proposes activities that include awareness workshops, colloquiums, conversations, campaigns, protocols and similar, aimed at students, teachers, administrative and service personnel who raise awareness and educate, based on experiences and theories that address these issues, about the socio-cultural construction of differences. The workshops, colloquiums and conversations allow us to obtain the necessary tools to confront situations where actions that can impact the well-being of people occur and are reproduced.
What is UNIDiversity's approach?
The UNIDiversity Program addresses the intersection of gender and sexuality identities and practices with other variables such as: ethnicity, social race, socioeconomic class, age, place of origin, religion, spirituality and others.
Who are the members?
The UNIDiversity program begins under the initiative of the USFQ Student Government 2015-2016 in alliance with an Interdisciplinary Committee, both General and Central, composed of professors, including Deans and Departmental Coordinators; members of the Student Government, the Deanship of Students and Administrative Staff.
Why work from empathy and intersectionality?
The UNIDiversity program works with the concept of empathy through awareness actions for all members of the USFQ community.
The mainstreaming of the gender focus is woven in this way with the identification of other forms of discrimination, based on the variables of ethnicity, "race", socioeconomic class, age, place of origin, religion, spirituality and others.
The concept of intersectionality, which originates in Feminist Studies through texts by theorists such as Crenshaw (1989) or McCall (2005), allows us to look at the functioning of multiple identities that are mutually constitutive and in constant conversation. In this way, it is possible to deepen an approach that analyzes the interaction of these different categories and their impact on the well-being of students and the university community.
Achievements and projects
The UNIDiversidad program was the winner in the Call for Students: "Building Equality and Environment in Higher Education" organized by UNESCO and SENESCYT in the category of Gender Equality.
Materiales y recursos
Etnicidad y racismo
48 cosas que las mujeres escuchan
48 cosas que los hombres escuchan
Diversidades espirituales y religiosas
Diversidad como eje para el desarrollo
En los medios y otros espacios
- Por un mundo más diverso e inclusivo.
- Orgullo LGBTIQ+: derechos, libertades y luchas históricas, en pequeñas reflexiones.
- Semana de Diversidades: Desde la academica y el activismo.
- Rompe El Silencio, una campaña que busca generar conciencia sobre la violencia de género y la inexistente cultura de denuncia en Ecuador.
- Mujeres en Galágagos: problemáticas, representatividad y liderazgo.
- Investigadores presentan hallazgos sobre un estudio en género, sexualidad y movilidad humana en contexto de pandemia.
- Tejidos sociales de la impunidad; una radiografía de la situación de la violencia en las Islas Galápagos.
- La USFQ inaugura la semana de género con varias actividades.
- Los fantasmas se cabrearon: Crónicas de la despenalización de la homosexualidad en el Ecuador.
- La USFQ celebra la diversidad.
- LGBTI: El amor nos une y es tiempo que la iglesia empiece a hablar de ello.
- Lanzamiento del libro: Corpografías: Género y Fronteras en América Latina.
- El encuentro que celebra la diversidad.
- Jornadas por la diversidad sexual.
- ¿Qué va a hacer el GOBE?