Master’s in Industrial Engineering
Mention in Quality and Productivity
Mention in Logistics and Supply Chain
Master’s in Industrial Engineering, Mention in Quality and Productivity
Master’s in Industrial Engineering, Mention in Logistics and Supply Chain
3 semesters (18 months)
Mention in Quality and Productivity: 50 credits and 2172 academic hours.
Mention in Logistics and Supply Chain: 51 credits and 2172 academic hours.
Class sessions 3 days a week.
Tuesday and Thursday from 18h00 to 21h00 and Saturday from 08h30 to 12h30
Includes occasional intensive weeks with class sessions Monday through Friday from 18h00 to 21h00 and Saturday from 08h30 to 12h30.
Start of classes:
Dates of entrance examination:
20 October, 17 November, 12 January, 16 February, 16 March, 13 April, 11 May, 8 June and 29 June.
Includes learning with on-line education tools – USFQ D2L virtual platform
Observation visits to local companies
Curriculum – Quality and Productivity
Curriculum – Logistics and Supply Chain
Postgraduate program aimed at professionals who wish to broaden their knowledge of industrial engineering in fields such as decision-making management, data analysis, systems optimization, process management, and industrial safety, allowing them to solve all types of problems so as to improve their organizations’ profitability, and to focus on management of quality or supply chains, which is applicable to both the manufacturing and service sectors.
Preferred candidates for this Master’s program are professionals with a university degree and fundamental knowledge in the fields of: information and communications technology; related engineering techniques; industry and production; construction and civil engineering; agriculture, silviculture, and fisheries; biotechnology; renewable natural resources; physical sciences; physics; mathematics and statistics; and, transportation services. These degrees must be duly registered in the SENESCYT system.
We recommend candidates have certified work experience of at least two years in the manufacturing or service sectors. They must be disciplined and honest professionals, with proven ability to work independently or in a group so as to face the high academic demands of the program. In addition, candidates must have the maturity and emotional stability required to meet the expectations of the institution, their teachers, and their tutors.
For further information:
Carlos Suárez, Ph.D.
Telephone: (+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1230
Telephone: (+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 2033
Postgraduate Coordinator – Admissions
Telephone: (+593 2) 297-1700 ext. 1824
Future graduates will have employment opportunities as area managers in: quality, continuous improvement, production, logistics, purchasing, supply chains, warehouse managers, consultants, quality assistants, productivity executives, development analysts, process analysts, and service quality analysts, among others, thus supplying existing national and local needs.
- Only Master’s in Industrial Engineering in Ecuador with two mentions:
- Quality and Productivity: includes the option of receiving a Green Belt Six Sigma (or Black Belt Six Sigma) certification
- Logistics and Supply Chain: includes learning resources from one of the best universities in the world and the option of receiving a MicroMaster certification in Supply Chain Management from MITx
- Agreements with universities in the USA and professional credentials of relevance to national and international industries.
- Guest professors from abroad and highly-trained teachers, with work experience in national and international companies.
- Curriculum comparable to various equivalent programs in the USA, and of modular characteristics, which allows in-depth focus on selected courses
- Flexible schedules, ideal for those who work.
- University degree from a nationally accredited university, duly registered with SENESCYT, in: information and communications technology; related engineering techniques; industry and production; construction and civil engineering; agriculture, silviculture, and fisheries; biotechnology; renewable natural resources; physical sciences; physics; mathematics and statistics; and, transportation services
- Demonstrate sufficiency in English equivalent to Level B1 in the Common European Framework
- Copy of national identity card or passport.
- Degree certificate with final grade.
- Official grade transcript.
- Printed SENESCYT registration of degree.
- Approve the USFQ postgraduate entrance examination. Please refer to the postgraduate admissions process at USFQ: http://www.usfq.edu.ec/admisiones/admisiones_posgrado
- Specific knowledge examination.
- Work experience. We recommend that candidates have at least two years of work experience. During the selection process, candidates must turn in: curriculum vitae and work certificate, together with an email and conventional phone number of employers in order to validate the information.
- Two (2) letters or recommendation, one of which must be professional
- Letter of intent in which candidates explain their reasons for applying to the program.
- Personal interview with the teachers of the postgraduate program.
Funding and scholarships
- Payment: Cash, check, credit card.
- USFQ Alumni have a 10% discount.
- Full payment
- Deferred in 3,6 or 12 months without interest.
- 2 installments: 1st installment $7,000 August, 3 and 6 months without interest, 9 and 12 months with interest
- 2nd installment $7,000 April, 3 and 6 months without interest, 9 and 12 months with interest
- 4 installments: 1st installment $3,500 August, 3 and 6 months without interest, 9 and 12 months with interest
- 2nd installment $3,500 December, 3 and 6 months without interest, 9 and 12 months with interest
- 3rd installment $3,500 April, 3 and 6 months without interest, 9 and 12 months with interest
- 4th installment $3,500 August, 3 and 6 months without interest, 9 and 12 months with interest
In accordance with the Postgraduate Scholarship Regulations of the program, either one full scholarship or two half scholarships will be awarded, as established in said regulations.
For further information regarding scholarships, please contact us by email or telephone as indicated in the contacts section below.
Clara Orellana (2017-2018), Mathematics professor, USFQ
My experience with the Master’s in Industrial Engineering has been very rewarding, not only because it allowed me to strengthen the knowledge I gained in my mechanical engineering studies with regards to data analysis and process management, but also because it furnished me with adequate criteria and tools for correct decision-taking. The multiple technological resources made available through this program have allowed me to experience the breadth of different methodologies learned in class, and have made my knowledge be more than just theoretical, but also a useful tool in my professional development.
I thank USFQ for giving me the opportunity of facing this new academic challenge in the company of professors who are passionate about teaching.
Rodrigo Crespo (2017-2018), Maintenance Specialist engineer, Transcurrency.
Starting my postgraduate studies at USFQ has greatly motivated me towards continued personal and professional improvement. I feel great admiration for the program’s teaching staff since they all have excellent academic backgrounds and ample professional trajectories, as well as always being open to sharing their experience in the classroom, which has facilitated the learning process. I have no doubt that having chosen this program and this university was the right decision, as I have been infected by the passion and energy that is present in every corner of the campus, and thus been able to successfully face the demands presented by postgraduate studies.